The Ground MILLHOG® is ideal for tube beveling during boiler outages and can end prep all boiler tube materials. The critical width dimension is only 1.500in wide for accessing single tubes in a boiler tube waterwall and it can be equipped with a Membrane Removal Head for removing membrane from boiler tubes from .875in o.d. to 1.250in o.d.
The available automatic air activated clamping system instantly clamps and releases the beveling tool to and from the tube i.d. This reduces cycle time between end preps and can increase tube beveling production by 300% or more.
The Ground Millhog can also be equipped with either a 950 watt electric motor 18 volt battery powered 18 volt when air is not available or desired.
- Critical width – 1.5in (38.1mm) for a “Dutchman” single tube repair
- Self centering torque free operation
- Compact low maintenance end prep tool
- Performs any angle of bevel
- Patented push-pull clamping and release system rigidly mounts to tube i.d., easy to release
- Permanently attached clamps and wrenches
- Steel housing with integral radial-thrust ball bearing
- Sealed construction allows use in any orientation
- Produces a smooth continuous chip
- Chatter free blade locking system
- Uses TiN and Hard Lube coated cutter blades